- Set-up: Beginning at or before 6:00 pm, the Coordinator opens the space and directs a team of Volunteers to prepare for Dance.
- Opening Circle: Promptly at 6:30 pm, a short intention-setting circle with the Facilitator, Coordinator, set-up folks and any community member who wishes to join.
- Warm-Up: 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Serves as a time to transition and settle from the outside world into sacred space. We center, stretch, start moving, getting present with ourselves and others, getting into our bodies however we individually choose.
- Inspiration & Wave: 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm. The Facilitator may call us into circle, ask us to keep moving or simply do what comes naturally as the Coordinator briefly presents the guidelines. Then the Facilitator may share words related to their chosen theme for the dance, recite a poem, or whatever they choose to set their intention and welcome us into it. The theme is the inspiration that emerges from or was set into the Facilitator’s musical selections, their process in feeling the emotional/spiritual thread running through the program. A brief exercise or visualization might happen or not happen here.
- Share-back, Announcements & Closing Circle: This is a chance for anyone to verbally express anything of their own personal experience in the dance. This is not a dialog or conversation, rather the circle acts as sacred witness, holding silent space and offering no comment. Share-backs are spontaneous, inspired, or observational, as emerges in connected knowing from the person. Once the share-back feels complete, we go around the circle saying our names, and then around again for community announcements, each person looking to the next if they have none. If you feel uncomfortable offering a share back in circle and wish to speak with someone about your experience, please feel free to dialogue with any member of the Community Council or write a note online from the Contact page.
The Order of Dance is: