Set-up and Restore Equipment and Space
This position is essential to creating a functional, safe and clean space for the Dance, is physically demanding, and is largely ego-effacing grunt work under the Coordinator’s whip. And we thank you.
- This service position earns a donation request waiver on the day of service.
- You must be able to lift and carry the four 60-pound speakers, tables, etc.; and have or learn technical knowledge for the sound system set-up.
- Please come at least 30 minutes before the dance starts (by 6:00 pm Thursday). If you are late, the Coordinator may replace you without notice. If you can’t make it or know you will be late, please call the Coordinator (whose name is shown next to the date in the Facilitators & Coordinators schedule on the website homepage, and whose number is on the confirmation email you will receive after sign-up) or, if at least 24 hours in advance, email Coordinators. If you can find a replacement who is experienced at the job, please inform the Coordinator.
- In all tasks, please seek and take direction from and defer to the Coordinator and Facilitator. If this is your first time doing this job (or find anything changed or unfamiliar), please let the Coordinator know and ask for any additional training you may need to do the technical jobs correctly.
- Put the greeting table and altar table in place.
- Sound equipment setup, starting with speakers and cords. The main audio units are generally handled by the Coordinator, so only do the parts of this for which you’ve been trained on current configuration and details, or equipment may be damaged.
- Sweep the floor to Poki’s (very high) standard.
- Set up the “chill space” with pads, pillows and blankets (to the left of the bathroom entrance)
- Put the sandwich board and sign out front (board is located in men’s bathroom), with the CC notice board leaning on the building-side side.
- Put up the star-projector on its shelf and properly aimed.
- Check in with the Coordinator for additional tasks or to be released to the Dance.
- Sound equipment – speakers. Again, the main audio units are generally handled by the Coordinator, so only do the parts of this for which you’ve been trained on current configuration and details.
- Put chill space pillows and blankets away
- Put the star-generator in its box and away.
- Put greeter table and altar table away once cleared.
- Sweep the floor
- Put sandwich board and signs away
Check in with the Coordinator for additional tasks or to be released back to the wild.
Thanks again for your service!