…(and newsletter follow-up)
We apologize for stacking these mails, but a few more important things…
5 Elements Dance | Rite of Passage
EmbodyDance doyenne Tracy Collins is hosting two “ecstatic shamanic dance” workshops led by visiting Belgian dance anthropologist Lene Van Steenwinkel. See Facebook: “5Elements Dance” or “Kula Dance” and attached flyers. Please distribute and share.
The AIR will open your lungs and heart.
The EARTH will awaken your animal instinct.
The FIRE will help you set boundaries and to express your voice.
The WATER will help you to flow in your sensual body.
The ETHER will remind you that you are One.
- When: Sunday, December 30th and Saturday, January 5th, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm (doors open 2:15)
- Where: Railyard Performance Center
- Cost: $35 each or $60 for both, cash only
- Contact: Tracy Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org, (505) 988-3760
Last Call for Community Council Candidates
Two brave souls have stepped up as potential candidates, but we still have one seat open, assuming six current members continuing to serve half or full terms: John Meade, Alec Walling, Duija Ros, Christopher Hassell, Persten Halverson, and Allan Sindelar. If we do not have more than nine candidates there will be no election, per se, only the acceptance of the slate of candidates. That’s not a problem, but if anyone is called to serve or wishes to displace a serving member, now is the time to act. Deadline for new candidates is December 31, 2018. (Registered Members will receive a ballot link by email to vote from February 1 – 8, 2019.)
Annual Party (and pro-forma Annual Member’s meeting)
Saturday, February 9th, 7 pm to 11 pm, Railyard Performance Center
Although this will be a FREE EVENT and open to all, with family and children welcomed, its several purposes all look towards the heart of the EmbodyDance community as we mark and celebrate another year of our successful co-creation and sustained purpose:
- From 7:00 – 7:30 pm, the CC will facilitate our official Annual Member’s Meeting in circle. The official, pro-forma aspects will be kept to an expeditious minimum, covering the announcement of election results and a very brief presentation of financial and political highlights. Then we’ll open the circle to questions, constructive feedback, and a discussion of community vision, will, access and involvement.
- From 7:30 pm, Ana (and team) will host and facilitate an extended wave-set dance in the spirit of appreciation and community-building. Somewhere in the middle there will be cake and a toast to our 19 delicious years of the Dance. A big thank-you to Ana for taking this on.
Anyone willing to volunteer with setup and other roles, please connect with Ana.
Re-Member: A message from our Co-Founder, Tracy Collins
“One of the reasons EmbodyDance is so well loved and respected is that we embody the center of New Earth culture by ending in sacred circle. A unified field of love and freedom is created when we dance together. By sweating our prayers, dissolving our separation and attuning to the rhythms of the natural world, we are brought into harmonious relationship with the web of life. The culmination of this potent spirit of oneness in a circle is our Medicine. Medicine that has the power to restore and sustain not only each of us as individuals, but as a true community. Let’s never forget how blessed we are to be spiritually fed by this energy; and in turn, mindfully offer its precious nourishment back to our world in its need.”
See you all in Circle.
And see our website for posters, links, and any further details or updates on these items: www.embodydancesantafe.org