We create sacred space in a shared container for each Embodydance. As such, we have some guidelines that all may enter the dance for their own enjoyment and transformation.
- We dance barefoot or with soft feet (socks or non-street worn/non-scuff shoes).
- We maintain a Non-Verbal space, communicating through our body’s language. If you need to have a conversation, please take it out of the Dance space. Natural spontaneous sounds are great and happen often!
- We respect boundaries, our own as well as each others’. We ask you to heighten your awareness and tune into the bigger energetic bodies that extend beyond the flesh. Tend to your own needs and be sensitive to the needs of others. Please respect a dancer’s right to their “yes” and their “no”—if someone turns away and doesn’t wish to engage or they respond to your overture and choose to engage. Choose to take space to dance alone, or to participate in the ever-changing possibilities of interacting with others from one-on-one to larger groups. Contact Improvisation dancers are part of our family!
- Fragrance-Free space—please be mindful of those with chemical sensitivities. We ask that you not wear any colognes, perfumes, essential oils, or other products with fragrances to the Dance (or to wash them off upon arrival.)
- Alcohol and Drug Free space—We ask that you honor a safe and sober space in order to be mindful of yourselves and others on the dance floor.